Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 9:30 PM
This October, BxFW collects standout Suspense and Horror short films by international directors:
- LET’S PLAY DEAD GIRL. Director: Christian Alexander Moran. 2016. USA. 23 min. Inspired by true events, three young girls decide to bring Slenderman to life by sacrificing one of their friends.
- DESAGRAVIO. Director: Ray Figueroa. 2017. Puerto Rico. 13 min. A widow must confess her infidelities in her husband’s wake in order to appease his angry ghost and the scared townsfolk.
- TONE DEATH. Director: Sinead Stoddart. 2017. UK. 4 min. Christopher Price is a brilliant pianist who has many fans, except during his latest concert when he loses the control of his left hand (who prefers to be known as Vincent Lee). Vincent wants fame and glory for himself and will do whatever is necessary to steal the limelight, even if it means separating himself from the dead weight.
- THINK DEEP. Director: Peter Skovsbo. 2015. Canada. 7 min. Plotting his wife’s murder for the umpteenth time, Marc and Jodie learn the hard way that actions speak louder than words.
- THIS IS MY SON. Director: John Corcoran. 2015. Ireland. 18 min. Ireland, 1949. A grieving man questions his own faith as he struggles to deal with the fate of his son’s soul.
Program presented in English and Spanish with subtitles.
9:30 PM | Bronx Film Wednesdays Digital on BronxNet TV — Hosted by BronxNet’s Sonyi Lopez.
WAYS TO WATCH:
—Cable: 67 Optimum
—Cable: 2133 FIOS
Bronx Film Wednesdays (BxFW) screens new, little-seen, and standout indie films that you will love! Travel the world and open your mind to stories as wild and from as far as the imagination can go — romance, comedy, action, sci-fi, horror, fantasy, thriller, drama, music, sports, animation, documentary, and more! Carefully selected to illustrate cultural, aesthetic, and geographic diversity. This year, BxFW goes digital in partnership with BronxNet Community Television, bringing our monthly screenings online and to public access television!