Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 9:30 PM
This month, BxFW celebrates Puerto Rican Heritage Month with a selection of little-seen and popular short films:
- NUEVO RICO. Director: Kristian Mercado. 2021. Puerto Rico. 10 min. – Twin brother and sister stumble upon a celestial secret that changes their lives and launches them into reggaeton stardom, but they discover that fame comes at a price!
- BIOPSIA. Director: Glorimar Marrero Sánchez. 2016. Puerto Rico. 13 min. – Carmen accompanies a group of women in an eye-opening journey from the island municipality of Vieques to San Juan in order to undergo breast biopsies.
- EL EXTRAORDINARIO SR. JÚPITER. Director: Federico Torres Fernández. 2015. Puerto Rico. 17 min. – Abandoned as a child, Franco Júpiter grew up with a curiosity about the mysteries of the universe and the capacity to waken extraordinary powers.
- LA FOTO DE PAPÁ (The Photo of Dad). Director: David Norris. 2015. Puerto Rico. 10 min. – Margarita lives in love with Mateo, who disappeared when they were both 18 years old. 45 years later, he turns up at her house with an old photo and a story.
- BOLERO. Director: Lynnie Feliciano Vélez. 2017. Puerto Rico. 10 min. – Unbeknownst to each other, Lucy (transgender) and Delia (immigrant) work a stone’s throw away from each other. The harrowing events of this evening will bring them face to face.
- El GRAN ELEFANTE (The Big Elephant). Director: C.J. Lozada. 9 mi.n – A lover’s crossroad into solving an unexpected surprise.
- NOS VAMOS PA’ PARÍS (We’re Going to Paris). Director: David Norris. 2019. Puerto Rico. 9 min. – An old married couple plan to rob a bank in order to save their house from foreclosure… and something else.
Program presented in English and Spanish with subtitles.
9:30 PM | Bronx Film Wednesdays Digital on BronxNet TV — Hosted by BronxNet’s Sonyi Lopez.
WAYS TO WATCH:
—Cable: 67 Optimum
—Cable: 2133 FIOS
Bronx Film Wednesdays (BxFW) screens new, little-seen, and standout indie films that you will love! Travel the world and open your mind to stories as wild and from as far as the imagination can go — romance, comedy, action, sci-fi, horror, fantasy, thriller, drama, music, sports, animation, documentary, and more! Carefully selected to illustrate cultural, aesthetic, and geographic diversity. This year, BxFW goes digital in partnership with BronxNet Community Television, bringing our monthly screenings online and to public access television!