NOW HIRING — Development Director — Apply by June 10, 2019
The roar of applause is a great satisfaction! On stage, backstage, or in the audience, it’s proof that we’re doing something fantastic, heroic even, something that brings people together. At Pregones/PRTT we know that satisfaction often, and it’s always tied to what’s universal in the stories and voices we choose to raise.
Do you get a rush from attending live theater plays or musicals by diverse Latinx artists? Do you feel it at live music concerts? What about creative exchange and collaboration across cultures, languages, and geographies? Do you crave to be part of that too? If the answer is yes, then this opportunity may be right for you!
Pregones/PRTT, one of the leading Latinx theater ensembles and arts presenters in the nation, owner/steward of acclaimed arts facilities in The Bronx and Manhattan, seeks an enterprising storyteller and fundraiser to join its core leadership team. We’re looking for all-around smarts, resourcefulness, and tenacious good humor; a roll your sleeves up type, with a knack for grants and donor development; someone who will build upon and grow existing relationships with skill and style! The ideal candidate will welcome the chance to be a thought partner in the launch of Pregones/PRTT’s “NEXT 50” dual anniversary and capital campaign in 2019-2020.
• Design and execute comprehensive development plan in dialogue with company leaders.
• Identify, initiate, and nurture relationships with both public and private funders.
• Partner with, advise, and lead directors and board members in donor relations.
• Engineer, conduct, and analyze donor communications and giving appeals.
• Research, calendar, write, and disseminate grant proposals and reports.
• Maintain comprehensive fundraising data base and track performance.
• Collaborate with Financial Manager to produce accurate forecasts.
• Support the Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
• Other duties as identified and agreed upon among the directors.
• Affinity for Puerto Rican/Latinx arts and organization’s mission and vision.
• Experience working with artists and nonprofit arts and culture organizations.
• Record of success securing contributions from government, foundations, corporations, and individuals.
• Ability and willingness to identify, initiate, and nurture relationships on behalf of employer.
• Strong collaborative style with ability to take initiative and function independently.
• Compelling verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
• Ability to develop and track operating, programming, and capital budgets.
• Essential word processing, data base, and CRM competence.
This is FULL-TIME staff position with BENEFITS and FLEXIBLE WORK LOCATION.
TO APPLY: Email resume with statement of interest in the position to [email protected].
MORE ABOUT THE EMPLOYER: Pregones/PRTT is an acclaimed, multigenerational performing ensemble, multidiscipline arts presenter, and owner/steward of historically important bilingual arts facilities in The Bronx and Manhattan. Our mission is to champion a Puerto Rican/Latinx cultural legacy of universal value through creation and performance of original plays and musicals, exchange and partnership with other artists of merit, and engagement of diverse audiences.